Good morning, lovelies! This morning I have a super easy, ultra delicious breakfast idea for you. Excited? You should be. Especially when it has a fun name like Egg in a Hole. There isn’t much mystery around this one.
- 1 egg
- 2 slices of bread (one for the egg in a hole and one for toast)
- Whatever side tickles your fancy. Some ideas: tomatoes, pickles, hash browns, bacon, sausage, sliced ham
- 1 tablespoon butter. You could use less if you’re trying to be healthier, but I love butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Butter one side of your bread. Take a shot glass and press the top into the centre of the bread, making a hole.
- Melt half your butter on medium high heat and then put your piece of bread butter side up into your pan.
- Crack your egg into the hole and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add more butter to your pan and flip your bread/egg.
- Cook until your desired level of doneness. It will need to cook longer than you would regularly cook eggs because the hole is relatively deep. I don’t like it when the egg white is runny but I like my yoke to be runny. It’s a delicate balance. For me, it takes about 4ish minutes to get it to this state.