I’ve fallen in love with chickpeas. I had never actually had them until about a year ago when I was trying to find some healthy snack alternatives. They are delicious! And there are so many different ways to prepare them. This post goes into how to serve them in my favourite way but I will be doing another post at some point with variations. This is another Actifry recipe but you can bake these in the oven too. The Actifry is easier and more fun but if you don’t have one, you don’t have one. Here we go!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put your chickpeas in the Actifry with the olive oil and cook for 30 minutes
- Take the chickpeas out of the Actifry and mix all other ingredients with them in a bowl
- Spread chickpeas out on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, flipping once halfway through
- Put them in a bowl and mix with remaining ingredients
Cooking times will vary based on your appliances and your preferences. The chickpeas will get to be crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside (which is how I like them) but you can continue to cook them so they have a crunchy consistency throughout, like a nut. Experiment and find out how you like them best. Similarly, the spices in this recipe are a guideline. Season to your taste. If you like your food more spicy, add more cayenne, if you like it more or less salty, season accordingly. Let me know how your variation turns out!