This is a recipe straight from Gramma, so you know it’s going to be good. I don’t know what it is about grandmothers, but everything they touch is gold. The name could use a little work; anything you eat that has the word “Surprise” in it makes me a little hesitant but Gramma named it and who am I to change it?
This is a perfect dish to bring to a party. It travels well, is easy to make and it’s a crowd pleaser. It’s always one of the first things to go. This is the original recipe, straight from the source. I’ve modified it a little (I know… how could I!? Sorry Gramma), mostly because some people are a little iffy about shrimp and the seafood sauce on it’s own can be strong for some people.
Anyways, make it, share it, eat it, love it.
- 1 package of cream cheese – softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup seafood sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions – chopped
- 1 pepper (red, green, or yellow)
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise together. Spread over 12 inch circular platter.
- Add layer of seafood sauce, then salsa, followed by peppers, green onions and cheddar cheese.
- Chill until ready to serve. Serve with crackers or nachos.