Welcome to another Wednesday! We are smack dab in the middle of the week and the weekend is making it’s way around. At this point, I’d almost give up weekends for some warmer weather. Yesterday we had “ice drizzle”. I mean, seriously? Seriously? Ice drizzle?! It’s making me a little crazy. That being said, I have some big news… I’m going to the Dominican! Thank everything that is holy. I will still be putting up posts but I’m not sure what my internet connection will be like so I might not be responding to comments and interacting with you guys as much as I normally do. I’ll be gone from March 21 to the 25 and I’ll be taking lots of pictures, so stay tuned!
For today, we have a delicious recipe that combines honey and lemon, something I hadn’t done before but thought of while I was scouring my cupboard. I love, love, love lemon but I use it in cooking all the time so I decided to try something new, and boy oh boy was it good.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 450° and line your baking pan with foil.
- If your honey has crystallized (gotten hard), like mine has, then you will want to put the two tablespoons in a microwave safe dish and microwave in 30 second increments until it is nice and runny. Pour it over the chicken.
- Squeeze the lemon over the chicken.
- Put some garlic on those breasts!
- Grind some pepper on top and sprinkle the green onions over everything.
- Add some freshly sliced lemon to the baking pan.
- Pop your pan in the oven for 25 minutes or until the juices run clear. If you have a meat thermometer insert it into the thickest part of the breast and if the temperature is 165°, that baby is cooked.
Suggested sides: potatoes and broccoli; rice and carrots; quinoa and asparagus.