When it comes to eating healthy, it doesn’t get much better than this. And it’s filling and delicious! What more could you ask for?! Pizza? Ok, let’s pretend we live in a world without pizza or I might lose my resolve on the whole healthy eating thing. Aside from pizza though, this is close to the top of the list of ultra delicious food. It’s really that good.
The other really great thing about this recipe is that you can make the couscous and kale side while the chicken is baking. Yay for multitasking! It’s fast, easy and heathy. The feta cheese is so flavourful that you don’t need very much. You can make this any night of the week and look like a superstar. So let’s get started!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red chill flakes*
- 1 teaspoon paprika*
- 3 teaspoons garlic*
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 ½ cup water
- 2 cups kale
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
*Secret time. I don’t actually measure anything when I’m cooking. I just throw in what I think will be the most delicious and hope for the best. That being said, I used all these ingredients listed but the measurements are best guesses. So be crazy, don’t follow my recipe. Make your own. Throw in what you think will taste good. Be an adventurer.
- Preheat your over to 375° and line a baking pan with tin foil.
- Rub half of the olive oil, chilli flakes, 2 teaspoons garlic and paprika into the chicken breast. Put those babies into the pan and then into the oven for 25 minutes or until the juices run clear. The internal temperature should reach 165º.
- (Follow the cooking instructions on the packaging for your couscous but generally these are the steps) While the chicken is cooking bring your water to a boil in a small pot. Remove from heat, add the couscous, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Add remaining oil and 1 teaspoon olive oil to a frying pan. Add kale and fry for about 10 minutes or until it gets crispy and the edges are browned.
- Mix kale, couscous, tomatoes and feta cheese. Mmmm…
On a completely honest note – I totally ordered a pizza while writing this post. I’m sorry! I’m weak and I’ve been so good all week. This is my one cheat meal. I know, stop making excuses! I’ll be better. This doesn’t take away from how great this recipe is though.