So, I got my first award nomination last week! I’m so incredibly thankful to Candice at Ccosmetic Chaos for the nomination and really excited to pass it on to some other ladies that are doing such a great job putting up posts and keeping me entertained.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site.
- Answer the 10 questions they set for you.
- Nominate your own 7 bloggers to receive the award and let them know.
- Set your own 10 questions for them to answer.
- What do you want to be when you grow up, even if you are already a grown up? I have so many aspirations. I want to be a full time blogger, interior designer, chef, movie critic, novelist, international hotel reviewer (or anything that involves travelling), animal activist, own a ranch for rescued dogs, and I still hold onto the idea of being an actress.
- Favourite breakfast food? It depends if I’m in the mood for salty or sweet. I love eggs benedict but sometimes you just can’t beat perfect french toast with bacon on the side. When I was on my honeymoon, I had a DELICIOUS banana stuffed french toast and I plan on trying to recreate that at some point. I’m pretty indecisive and I like to try new things so this is a tough one.
- Why did you start your blog? I wanted to be able to creatively express myself and share some of my thoughts with other like-minded people. I also needed a new hobby and blogging was the obvious choice.
- Who named you and why? My parents say that they both chose my name because they liked the way it sounds but I once asked my mom and she said that the real reason is because she love love loves Little House on the Prairie and named me Melissa after Melissa Gilbert.
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why? This is tricky. I would ideally like to try a bunch of places. We moved a lot when I was younger so I don’t have the attachment to houses that a lot of people do. I actually really enjoy moving. Discovering a new neighbourhood is a new adventure and it’s the perfect opportunity to get rid of old stuff you don’t need. I’d like to live in Vancouver, Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand, France, Italy, Spain, Bora Bora and a hundred other places.
- If you could have dinner with someone dead or alive who would you choose? I’d love to be able to have dinner with Hannibal Lecter (do fictional people count?) but I would hope that he wouldn’t eat me afterwards, or during for that matter.
- If you had a boat what would you name it? I’d name it Boat, like Holly Golightly names her cat, Cat. In all honesty, I’m very indecisive and this seems incredibly clever at the moment but it would probably take me a looong time to make a definite choice.
- If you won a million dollars, what would you do with the money? Travel, travel, travel. And then probably buy a ranch and rescue all the puppies.
- What is your perfect Sunday? I would love to go geocaching (real life treasure hunting!), thrift shopping (especially yard sailing!) and then snuggle on the couch with my hubby and watch a movie, preferably a horror.
- What childhood memory do you miss the most? I still love everything about Christmas but I miss Christmas mornings as a kid with all my family and then playing with my new toys with my baby brother.
- What’s your favourite movie?
- What’s the last thing you read?
- What’s your favourite post that you’ve written?
- What’s your favourite food to make? To eat? (In my world, these are two completely different things)
- If you could host a dinner party for five people (fictional or nonfictional, dead or alive) who would they be?
- What would you serve at this dinner party?
- If you were stuck in a movie (think Last Action Hero) which movie would it be?
- What’s your favourite room in your home?
- What are you most proud of?
- Name something that always makes you unabashedly happy.
- emmakwall (explains it all)
- Speak Easy, Stephanie
- A Dragon Slaying Pen
- Sunshine into the Lives of Others
- Food Fellowship and Wine
- Paris the Third
- Le Menu de Catherine
Thanks again, Candice, for the nomination and thanks to everyone I nominated for keeping up with my blog and being crazy awesome at what you do.