Wow, is this title a mouthful or what? But, lucky for you, it’s also a mouthful of deliciousness. I was really feeling like having some Asian cuisine but I didn’t have the time to stand over the stove making a stir fry.
I lead a busy life, don’t you know? People to see, places to be. Well, not really, but I did have to fold some laundry. That’s why the Actifry is so awesome; it does all the work for you! That being said, if you don’t have an Actifry this recipe can be easily adapted to make in a wok or a skillet.
- 1 cup basmati or jasmine rice
- Vegetables of your choice
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch disolved in 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons hot chill paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add everything except your shrimp and rice into the Actifry. Turn on and set the timer for 25 minutes.
- While this is cooking away, cook your rice according to the package instructions.
- Take the tails off your shrimp! There is nothing worse than sitting down to eat a delicious meal and then seeing that all the shrimp in your stir fry or pasta have tails on them.
- If you’re cooking with raw shrimp, add them to the Actifry with 7 minutes left. If you’re using cooked shrimp, add them with 2 minutes on the clock.
- Spoon your delicious Kung Pao mixture onto your rice and voilà!