Remember the other day when I was making Slow Cooker Enchilada Sauce and I went on and on about homemade guacamole and salsa? Well, once the idea was in my head I just had to make it. And let me tell you, it is delicious!
This recipe is really easy and it looks beautiful. I love really colourful dishes and this one certainly delivers on that front. It’s great to put out when you have guests coming over (but I would still make it for myself and not share. It’s that good). It’s also very healthy. When healthy and delicious meet, it’s a beautiful thing.
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 12 oz can corn
- 1/3 15 oz can black beans
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all the above ingredients, except for the lime, to a bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice over the mixture and season with the salt and pepper.
- Serve with nachos, fajitas, quesadillas, or anything else you think it would be delicious with.
What’s your favourite salsa or dip?