Hello and happy Monday! I had a great, relaxing weekend and I hope you did too. I made a white wine sangria over the weekend, so keep posted for that recipe which will be coming later in the week. I’m feeling excited about the blog and catching up on all of your posts that I missed over the weekend. It’s a good day. Sometimes you need a couple days of not doing anything to recharge your batteries. I made this potato salad last weekend when I had my dad and his girlfriend over for dinner and it was delicious. I can’t claim it for my own though. This recipe is my aunt’s and she gets asked for it ALL the time. So next time you’re going to a BBQ pot luck, you have a great recipe for a dish you can bring.
- 5-6 medium/large red skin potatoes cut into bite sized cubes
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons of oil from the sun dried tomatoes
- 3 sprigs of green onions, sliced
- Bacon bits (as much or little as you like)
- 2 parts mayonaise to 1 part sour cream (use this as a guidelines depending on how much you use in total. I like mine a little drier so I used 1 cup mayo and 1/2 cup sour cream but you can add more if you like it creamier)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
- Put your potatoes in a pot and add enough water to cover them. Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Decrease heat to medium high until the water is at a gentle boil and continue to cook for about 15 minutes or until they pierce easily with a fork.
- Drain your potatoes and put in a bowl. Mash about 1/4 of the potatoes in the bowl (it will make your salad creamier) and then add the remainder of the ingredients.
- Mix well.