Welcome back to another Kitchen Raid, in which I make dinner with ingredients laying around the kitchen. Today’s recipe is super easy and it’s pretty delicious so you win no matter how you slice it (pun intended). Aside from the cheese, this recipe is very healthy so it adheres to my healthy eating policy (that I broke on Sunday night when I ordered pizza and wings… It’s a problem). Once you make this recipe once, it’ll become a staple in your house. That’s how confident I am in it’s deliciousness. Time for me to put my money where my mouth is and tell you how to make this fabulous meal.
- 3 zucchinis, cut in half lengthwise with the insides scooped out (keep the insides for another part of the recipe)
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 12 oz can of whole kernel corn
- 1 small/medium onion, diced
- 1/3 cup of bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red peper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Heat your skillet on medium high heat and add your garlic, ground turkey and onions.
- Mix all your spices together and add to the turkey mixture 5 minutes into cooking.
- Continue to cook for about 10 minutes or until your turkey is no longer pink. Add your corn and the scooped out insides of your zucchini. Cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Put this mixture into a bowl and add bread crumbs and eggs. Mix it all together really well.
- Scoop the mixture into your zucchini shells and top with cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 375° for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and slightly browned.
- Let stand for about 5 minutes when it comes out of the oven. They will be really hot.
Easy peasy, delicious and healthy. These zucchini boats look pretty great too so they’re a good option for dinner when you’re having company over. Give ’em a go and let me know how you like them! As always, if there are any recipes you would like me to make or an ingredient you have at home that you don’t know what to do with, let me know and I’ll whip something together.
Hope you have the best day ever!