Happy hump day, everyone! We are halfway through the week and I have, quite possibly, the easiest recipe that I have ever made. I could almost argue that about any slow cooker recipe but this one was particularly easy. And it’s healthy! It tastes creamy and thick and as if it were full of cream, milk and butter but it isn’t.
I made a lot of soup with this recipe. You can half the recipe and still have plenty. I brought it for lunch for the week and then… I had an incredible idea! I added some parmesan cheese to the soup and used it as a sauce on noodles. Let me tell you… DELICIOUS! This was one of my more inspired ideas.
- 2 bunches of asparagus, tops cut off and stalks cut into 2 inch pieces
- 5 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 medium onions, cubed
- 2 stalks green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable Better Than Bouillon*
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
* I use this in a lot of my recipes as a substitute for broth but if you don’t have it, then just use 6 cups of broth
- Take the tops of the asparagus, fry in some olive oil and put aside to use as a garnish for the soup.
- Add all the other ingredients except the Greek yogurt into your slow cooker and set on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add in batches to a blender or use an immersion blender to puree your soup.
- Mix in your Greek yogurt.
Asparagus Soup as a Pasta Sauce
- Cook pasta to package directions.
- Add pasta, asparagus soup and parmesan cheese (as much as you like) to a skillet over medium heat and cook until everything is heated through, sauce has thickened and cheese has melted.