I love ribs. They’re juicy and delicious. This rub makes them even more delicious. It’s incredibly easy and comes from my mom, so you know it’s good. I’m actually going camping for a couple days starting tomorrow (I’ll miss you guys!) and I’m bringing ribs. We’re really roughing it. I’ll bake them beforehand (this will all be explained in the directions) and just thrown them on the grill before dinner.
Speaking of camping, I won’t have cell reception so I won’t be able to respond to all your lovely comments while I’m away. I’ll do my best to respond or check my messages if I go into town but if all else fails, I will definitely respond to each and every notification on Wednesday when I get back.
I made a pretty great picture that includes all the ingredients for this rub, so here it is:
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 cup chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- i tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together and rub the mix into the ribs.
- Wrap your ribs in tin foil and bake at 325° for 3 hours.
- Barbecue or grill for 20 minutes before serving, basting with your favourite barbecue sauce every 5 minutes.
You can bake them ahead of time and then throw them on the grill before you want to eat them. Easy peasy.