Hello, everyone! I hope you’re having a wonderful day and I hope you like zucchinis (sorry, Eric) because today’s recipe is all about them. I must admit, this recipe isn’t quite as delicious as my Zucchini Bites but it is about ten times easier and healthier so it’s good have on hand. And they’re pretty delicious in their own right.
There’s not too much else to say about this one. It’s one of those no-fuss kind of snack. It’s pretty much set it and forget it. There’s maybe ten minutes of prep and and then it sits in the oven for two hours so you go about your day. Then, lo and behold, you get an amazing snack!
- 2 zucchinis, sliced really thinly
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Lay the zucchini on a paper towel, put another layer of paper towel on top and press down gently but firmly to get rid of any excess water.
- Mix all of the above ingredients together in a large bowl. Be gentle to not break any of the zucchini. I find this works best to coat the zucchini slices but you can also lay all the zucchini slices on a baking sheet and brush them with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Whatever works best for you.
- Make sure not to overlap any of the zucchini on the baking sheet before you put it into the oven. Bake for an hour and a half to two hours or until the zucchini slices are nice and crispy.
Easy as that. They do take a while but the prep is pretty minimal and the end result is delicious. I like them with the balsamic vinegar because it gives them a very light salt and vinegar taste but you can always omit that and just use the olive oil. It’s up to you! Similarly, you can add any spices you think you might like. Some cumin and chilli powder would probably be delicious. Or some red pepper chilli flakes if you like spice. If you make yours with some variations, let me know how it turns out.
Have a great rest of the week!