This recipe is dedicated to my dear blogging friend, Emma, who LOVES potatoes. These ones are delicious. So much so that the night I made them I had planned to also make some corn and pork chops but I ate so much of these mashed potatoes that I couldn’t eat anything else, I was so full! So, all I had that night was potatoes. I regret nothing. Anyways, if that isn’t a testament to how great these potatoes are, then I don’t know what is.
I don’t know what it is but lately I’m all about the potatoes. They’re just hitting the spot and I want them all the time. They’re such a great comfort food and they’re so versatile. There’s Actifry Potatoes, Potato Salad, Potato and Leek Soup, and Sweet Potato Fries… but this recipe, it just might be the best. That’s a bold statement, let’s see if it pays off. You make all these potato recipes and let me know which one is the best.
- 3 large yukon gold potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 heaping tablespoon garlic
- 1/3 cup plain cream cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes and onions into 1 inch cubes. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the potatoes and onions to the pot. Boil for 15 minutes or until the potatoes pierce easily with a fork. Strain off the water.
- Add all the other ingredients to the pot with the potatoes and onions, take an electric mixer and blend it all together.
- Now you could leave it at that and eat them as is. But they’re SUPER delicious if you put them in an oven safe dish, and bake it for 10-15 minutes at 400° or until the top is browning and crispy. Then you want to add some more butter to the top and some salt and pepper…. YUM!