Hello, lovelies! Today’s post is going to be a quick one. The photos and the salad in general speaks for itself. This recipe has been a favourite in our family for a long time. My mom invented it years ago and it really is so delicious. I love mom inventions.
- Iceberg lettuce, shredded finely
- 1 mango, sliced thinly
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh preferably
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- As you could probably tell from the veggie descriptions, this salad is all about long, thinly sliced veggies. It just looks nicer that way. Arrange the veggies on a plate, lettuce first, then onions and red pepper and mangos on top. Sprinkle peanuts on top of everything.
- Put remaining ingredients in a blender and blend, blend, blend. Set aside until you are ready to serve. When you are ready to eat pour your dressing over your salad.
And there you have it. The only thing better than the taste of this salad is the way it looks. It’s so beautiful and colourful when it’s plated, which makes it perfect for dinner parties. Give it a try and let me know your thoughts!