Hello lovelies! I know the recipes have been a little lacking lately so today you get two for the price of one. Lucky devils. What brings about this joyous news? you may ask. Well, it’s my unwavering love for pesto. Remember when we made all that pesto and froze it into an ice cube tray? If not, check out that post here. In that post I promised to give you some ideas on how to use that pesto. Albeit, that was at the end of June and it is now November but better late than never I always say!
Pesto and Balsamic Chicken Breast
- 1 cube of pesto per chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° and line your baking sheet with tin foil.
- Cut a slit three quarters of the way through your chicken breast lengthwise.
- If your pesto is frozen, let it thaw slightly and then spread one cube worth of pesto into the slit of each chicken breasts.
- Mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar together and brush onto the chicken breast.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Serve over rice or with potatoes with a side veggie (broccoli is best).
How easy is that? Making the pesto first makes this recipe SO simple. And it’s really flavourful. Yummmmm…
- 2 cubes of pesto
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of pre-made (I know – travesty!) tortellini
- 1/2 bunch of spinach finely chopped
- 1 onion sliced thinly
- 10 grape tomatoes cut in half
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Sauté onions in the oil over medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Add the spinach and sauté 5 minutes more. Add tomatoes and cook or 2-3 minutes longer.
- Thaw pesto if frozen and mix in with the vegetables.
- Stir veggie mix and pasta together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
And that’s it. Two incredibly easy recipes because all the flavour and deliciousness comes from pre-made pesto. How great is that? I’ll tell you. It’s really great.