I hope you all had a lovely weekend! Mine was filled with putting the last minute touches on a couple projects I’ve been working on so that makes me pretty happy. Remember how I said the hardest part of any project is getting started? Well, that makes the most satisfying part the finishing touches. In between all that, I was able to pull this project together and figured I’d share it with all of you.
This project took me all of 15 minutes (and that’s a generous estimate). It was so easy and it looks great. It’s the small things really that pull everything together.
What you need
- A door mat
- Print outs of the stencil you’ll use. You can find these with a quick Google search
- Paint (spray paint would probably best but I used my go to – chalk paint) and paint brush and roller if you aren’t using spray paint
- Painter’s tape
What you need to do
- Cut out your stencils. Make sure they are evenly spaced and tape them together.
- Measure the centre of the door mat and align your stencil to it. Tape it down onto the mat.
- Spray paint or paint over the stencil.
- Remove the stencil and let the paint dry overnight.
That’s it. Easy peasy. If you make one, send me a picture of it!