Hello again and welcome back! So happy that you’ve decided to stop by. I hope you came hungry because this recipe is sure to please. I’m probably going to be making it again today, I liked it so much. Hopefully you’ll love it as much as I do!
I realized that I didn’t really explain the new set up for people that have been coming here for a while. It used to be DIY Mondays, Wednesday Night Kitchen Raids and Friday Night Movie Recommendations. Now, there will still be posts going up every Monday, Wednesday and Friday but they aren’t going to be following the same “themes” or “titles” I guess you could call them. As you all know, Friday Night Movie Recommendations have moved to That Moment In so you can still catch that there but there will be no more DIY Mondays or Wednesday Night Kitchen Raids. I’m going to try and stick to the same general idea of DIY projects on Monday and a new recipe on Wednesday but that might not always be the case. And, I’ll try and save something fun for Fridays for you guys. So that’s the general idea going forward, just in case you were wondering why this isn’t titled Wednesday Night Kitchen Raid.
Alright guys, are you ready to have your taste buds blown? I sure hope so because this was delicious. I know I say that a lot but I really enjoyed this one and so did the hubby. That being said, who doesn’t love pasta … and wine… and sausage… and delicious vegetables… and garlic… and everything else in this recipe? Just thinking about it makes me want to make it again. The other great thing about it is how easy it is. It doesn’t take all that much work either; it can all be made in one pan (except boiling the noodles), you can do other things (like endlessly watch Grey’s Anatomy) while it’s cooking away, and the vegetables that you use can be substituted with whatever you have on hand.
- 2 sausages, sliced
- ¼ cup red wine (I used merlot)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ package of your favourite pasta
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (if you’re feeling adventurous)
- Parmesan cheese (optional but who doesn’t love parmesan cheese?)
- In a large skillet cook your sliced sausage over medium high heat. Once it is cooked through, put aside. Leave the sausage grease in the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add the garlic, onions and carrots to the pan. Sauté for 5-10 minutes or until the veggies have absorbed most of the oil.
- Add wine and all the spices and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the wine is almost completely reduced and add red peppers. Cook for another 5 minutes or until there is not more wine in the bottom of the skillet
- Add olive oil and sauté for a minute or two or until warm and well combined.
- Meanwhile, cook your pasta according to the package directions. When it’s cooked, drain and mix with the veggie mixture and the sausage.
- Serve with parmesan on top.
And that’s it. It’s tremendously easy and really delicious. I might just make it the next time I have guests over for dinner. What is your favourite pasta dish?