Howdy there! I know I’ve done a couple versions of healthy muffins but these ones are the easiest. I honestly threw this together after work last night and was done with the whole thing in 30 minutes. That’s the time frame that I like. And these are pretty darn delicious and they’re healthy. Win, win, win!
So, as I mentioned, I am fully aware that this is a variation on a recipe that I have done before so I would like you all the know that I really was trying to do something different this time. I wanted to make grab and go breakfast balls type things (sounds appetizing, right?). Anyways, I made the batter and then I figured, why mess with a classic and I just made muffins and they were delicious so I ate some and I was happy with my choice. Mmmm… muffins….
The last time I made a huge batch of muffins I wrapped them individually in cling wrap and stuck them in the freezer. Then, for lunches, I would grab them from the freezer on the way out the door in the morning and it would be thawed at lunch. If you want them for breakfast just take them out the night before. This way, you won’t be tempted to eat them all at once (like me) and they won’t go bad. Win, win (so many wins in this post)!
So make these, eat them, freeze them, eat some more and have yourself a gay ol’ time (that last part is meant to be sung as in the last lyrics of The Flintstones)!
- 5 very ripe bananas
- 2 apples, diced
- 2 pears, diced
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (optional if you’re being really healthy but it’s seriously worth it)
- Preheat your oven to 350° and grease your muffin tin.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together (flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda) and the wet ingredients separately (bananas, apples, pears, egg, vanilla, maple syrup).
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined*.
- Fill your muffin cups 3/4 of the way through and bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick will come out clean when inserted.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
* I slightly over-mixed mine because I was experimenting with measurements but it didn’t effect them too much. If you mix it too much, it just makes the muffins less fluffy, so be forewarned.