Hey there, all you foodies out there! Who’s hungry? This was something I threw together in ten minutes flat and the flavours were really delicious together so I decided to share it with y’all.
So, remember how every couple months I go on a healthy food kick? Well, I’m on it again. Not that I eat terribly the rest of the time but I really do love pizza. A lot. Like it’s almost an addiction. I dream about pizza. I think about pizza and I’m instantly happier. Mmmmm…. pizza. But no more! Well, at least no more for the time being. I really want to eat clean and start exercising. Not really with the goal of losing weight but with the goal of being a healthier person, having more energy, and not dying when I decided to take the stairs at work. Also, our fur baby will be on her way soon (look for a follow up post on this Monday) and I want to be able to keep up with her. So, I’m making healthy life choices. Recipes like these make it easy.
- Tilapia (I used frozen fillets here – I know, I know… fresh is best)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 bunch of baby broccoli
- 1 cup of basmati rice*
* You can sub this with any side you like and prepare to package directions. You could make quinoa, couscous, sweet potatoes, the sky is the limit.
- Preheat the over to 425° and line a baking sheet with tin foil. I created a little divider in the tin foil so that the baby broccoli and the fish could bake on the same sheet and the baby broccoli wouldn’t cook in the fish juices.
- Mix the olive oil, vinegar, and spices together. Use a basting brush to brush this mixture onto the fish and whatever is leftover on the baby broccoli.
- Put your fish and baby broccoli in the over for 15-17 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.