Hello my lovelies! You may have noticed that I’ve been a bit MIA lately. Well, first off, the holidays were crazy busy and I had family staying with me. Everyone who has had family staying with them or hosted big Christmas parties knows that there is nothing better than being surrounded by your loved ones but it can be a little stressful. Needless to say, I had a great Christmas this year but now I’m ready to get back on track with The Creative Fox Den.
I’ve decided to change things up a bit and do a redesign here so that’s been taking up some of my time as well. I’m really looking forward to the direction that the blog is going in and I think that you guys are going to love it! Until the “reno” is done (only another week or so), I’ll be re-posting some old favourites.
A big part of these new changes is that The Creative Fox Den is going to be focusing on DIY and food going forward. Don’t fret, though! Friday Night Movie Recommendations will live on! They’re moving over to That Moment In where you will also be able to listen to The Random Chat Show, a weekly podcast that David, Kim and I do and I’ll still be doing 2 Movies 1 Moment with David too. So there are still lots of movie posts on the way!
I’m really looking forward to the new years and the changes that are taking place and I’m so happy to have all of you with me for these exciting times!
So, keep posted, thanks so much for all your comments and staying with me all this time! The best is yet to come!
Hello again! It’s been a long four days and I missed you all terribly. You’ve all become my second family and I’m excited to show you pictures from my camping trip. My computer is still being wonky (I guess I shouldn’t have tried to stream Game of Thrones) so I have to write this post on my phone (the tragedy)… I’m not happy about it but what can you do? Desperate times call for desperate measures. Anyways, if there are a lot of typos or the formatting is off, that’s why.
Big thanks to Vinnie over at vinnieh and Zoe at The Film Fetishist for the nominations for the Versatile Blogger Award and Candice over at Ccosmetic Chaos for the Creative Blogger Award. They are awesome people with incredible blogs and I am really thankful that they nominated me.
I’ve decided to combine these two awards into one post because the rules are very similar. Give 10 facts about yourself and nominate 10 other blogs.
Hello again! I know I recently did a post very similar to this called The Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award so bear with me, I’ll keep it short and entertaining. Big thanks to Leni at A Dragon Slaying Pen for the nomination! Very much appreciated!
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers.
- Thank and link to the nominating blog.
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees.
- Nominate 8 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated.
- Why did you start blogging and what’s the story behind your blog name? I wanted to be able to creatively express myself and share some of my thoughts with other like-minded people. I also needed a new hobby and blogging was the obvious choice. My husband and I are both redheads (that’s where the fox part comes in) and we’ve just bought our first home (our den). I also think of myself as pretty creative. I’m kind of a big deal. People know me (name that movie reference!). Put it all together and you’ve got The Creative Fox Den. Also, foxes are pretty awesome.
- What is your biggest fear? Superficially = spiders. In a deeper context = being irrelevant. Being forgotten. Not doing anything of value.
- Who do you think reads most of your posts? My hubby.
- What is your favourite meal and what would be your last meal? I love all the food. I have different favourites according to mood, time of year, geographical location, temperature, the list goes on and on. Some foods that top the list are steak, pizza, wings, french onion soup, cheesecake (especially the white chocolate cheesecake from Milestones), summer salad, pepperoncinis, enchiladas… if I don’t stop now, I never will.
- Dog or cat? Dog. Hands down.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Introverted extrovert. It’s a thing. Look it up.
- What is the best time of day for your to blog? Early in the morning before I go to work and evening into night when I get home (Honesty moment: I’m bad with slang but I wanted to write, Everyday I’m hustlin’, but I didn’t know if I would be using it in the right context so I just looked it up on Urban Dictionary and apparently it’s getting money by illegal means so I decided to exclude it).
- Where is the strangest place you’ve been in the last year? Umm… in my own mind? I went to a restaurant that was pitch black so you couldn’t see anything while you were eating, I guess that’s pretty strange.
- Would you rather travel by plane, train or automobile? All of them if I can hang out with John Candy (RIP) and Steve Martin.
- What are you doing after this post? Probably going to sleep. How lame is that? Don’t judge me! Or, I could just be saying that I’m going to sleep but I’m really going to be saving the world from imminent danger. You pick.
- What’s your favourite movie?
- What’s the last thing you read?
- What’s your favourite post that you’ve written?
- What’s your favourite food to make? To eat? (In my world, these are two completely different things)
- If you could host a dinner party for five people (fictional or nonfictional, dead or alive) who would they be?
- What would you serve at this dinner party?
- If you were stuck in a movie (think Last Action Hero) which movie would it be?
- What’s your favourite room in your home?
- What are you most proud of?
- Name something that always makes you unabashedly happy.
In the spirit of full disclosure, you might notice that these question are the same as the ones from The Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award. The nominees are all different though, so it’s all good.
- Ccosmetic Chaos
- Monster’s Movie Mayhem
- My Weblog
- Fly Me to the Clouds
- with love gitana
- Chopping Block Quilts
- Sweet Potato Seamstressing
Keep doing what you’re doing cause you’re all pretty fantastic.
So, I got my first award nomination last week! I’m so incredibly thankful to Candice at Ccosmetic Chaos for the nomination and really excited to pass it on to some other ladies that are doing such a great job putting up posts and keeping me entertained. Read more
Isn’t it the way that we get all caught up in ourselves and before we know it a bunch of time has passed and we aren’t feeling as happy as we should? That’s the way it is for me anyways. I feel as if I always have excuses. I always have a reason to wait to eat healthier or do things a certain way. I want to stop making excuses and live my life the way I should so I’ve decided to make five resolutions and start actively living my life by them (as much as I can). I’ve decided to share my resolutions because they are fairly universal and a lot of people could benefit from them if they adopt them themselves. So let’s all work together to lead happier, more fulfilled lives. Let me know if you have any resolutions for yourself! Read more
The house buying process was a looonnnnggg one. I wrote this post after we bought our house but before we moved in. Before we get down to the nitty gritty reno and DIY projects, here is an insight into the period between buying the house and moving in: Step one: Buy a house. Check! My husband, Brandon, and I, are over-the-moon excited and we cannot wait until the move in date. That being said, the process was not an easy one.